Mini-Maroons U7 (2016) Soccer Program
Mini-Maroons Boys & Girls Soccer Program Overview
Our mini-Maroons soccer program is the first step in the Maroons travel academy and is for boys and girls that were born in the year of 2016 (under 7) with separate groups for boys and girls. There are NO tryouts and ALL players are accepted. The program is designed to provide technical training and small-sided scrimmages to foster skill development and imaginative, creative play.
Our Spring Mini-Maroons program builds on the Fall and Winter programs and culminates with a tournament festival at our annual Father’s Day Tournament.
Our Fall & Spring programs consist of:
- Two 1-hour training sessions and a weekend scrimmage each week (24+ sessions)
- Each training session and all weekend scrimmages are run by Professional MSC coaches with oversight from our Director of Coaching, Matt Myers and Foundation Phase Director, Rick Breheny
- MSC Adidas travel uniform and ball
- Limited team sizes to maintain a high player-to-coach ratio
Mini-Maroons 2023 Spring Program Details
Our Spring Mini-Maroons program builds on the Fall and Winter program and culminates with a festival at our annual Father’s Day Tournament. The program consists of 25 sessions and is open to all boys and girls born in 2016.
- Training Schedule: TDD
- Weekend Scrimmage Schedule: Saturday AM (time TBD) beginning April
- Father’s Day Tournament Festival: Friday, June 18
- Uniform: Adidas uniform and ball included
- Location: TBD
- Cost: $350 ($14/session)
- Registration: via CommunityPass
Mini-Maroons Training Details
Mini-Maroons (u7) soccer program continues to build from our successful Mini-Messi U4-U6 program.
The program’s focus continues with a fun, technical training and simplified games-based program. Emphasis is “ball dominant” to maximize touches which builds player confidence and ability. Simplified games foster technical skill development and imaginative, creative play. Aligned with the Maroons Player Development Philosophy, players develop comfort controlling & manipulating the ball.
The Saturday scrimmages will use the proven small-sided format of 3 players vs. 3 players, building to 4v4. This format best allows players to develop their abilities and gain an understanding of the game. Players will learn rules of the game, and gain an understanding of attack and defense, “seeing” the field, and be introduced to a team environment. This FUN program helps increase player interest and builds a foundation for players thinking about trying out for Maroons Soccer Club.