Maroons Travel Academy Team Formation Process
Team Formation Process for Fall 2022 & Spring 2023 Season
Maroons Soccer Club (MSC) will be following a similar player evaluation and team formation process as last year for the Fall 2022 / Spring 2023 season to provide (1) our players with a greater opportunity to showcase their abilities in a more natural lower-pressure setting and (2) our coaches with more relevant data to make an informed decision. Please review the process details below for new and existing players.
Existing Maroons players will be evaluated within their current training environment throughout the course of the season and invited to additional training sessions in the Spring that will mix players of multiple teams within an age group. New players who wish to join the Maroons will be invited to Spring training sessions that mix players of multiple teams within an age group.
- Registration Deadline: April 30 (via CommunityPass)
- Player Evaluation Sessions: May 1 – May 31 (longer if required)
- Player Roster Notifications: June 22 (last day of school) – email will be sent notifying acceptance and team placement.
- New Season Registration: July 1st – July 10th
If a new player misses the above timeline they should contact our Director of Coaching, Matt Myers (email@example.com), for consideration. Consideration can be made but is dependent on the number of teams/players in the current age-group.
Existing MSC Players:
- Current players are not required to register for tryouts. MSC will assume that you want to return for the 2022-23 season
- If you do not plan to return, it is very important that you inform your coach and Matt Myers (firstname.lastname@example.org) of your decision as soon as possible
- Roster positions are NOT guaranteed and based on our Professional Coaches assessment of ability based on the Maroons Soccer Club development philosophy
- Age groups that currently have more than one Professional Coach: Professional Coaches have been discussing players and will continue to throughout the season. At the recommendation of the Professional Coach, players will be asked to join different training sessions for continued evaluation to determine the development path and team for the upcoming season
- MSC will continue to communicate rosters at the end of June (last day of school), followed by a formal registration, and membership fees process for the upcoming season
New / Non-MSC Players:
- Maroons Soccer Club is open to players outside of Ridgewood including neighboring towns in both Bergen and Passaic County
- Interested players can register at CommunityPass under Maroons Soccer Club with the program: ‘MSC FALL 2022 – SPRING 2023 TRYOUTS‘
- There’s a $30 fee for Non-MSC Players
- Players will be invited to attend an evaluation session led by an age group Professional Coach via email
- Players will be invited to formal practices during May and June for upcoming season roster consideration
- Roster positions are NOT guaranteed and based on; technical ability, tactics, conditioning, commitment and attitude as evaluated by the Professional Coach during the practice sessions
- MSC will continue to post rosters at the end of June, followed by a formal registration and membership fees process for the upcoming season
Please visit our program overview page for a full list of programs by age and season.
Please contact our Director of Coaching, Matt Myers (email@example.com) directly. Matt will arrange for an evaluation and provide more details.
Please contact our Director of Coaching, Matt Myers (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can help you make the most informed decision.
No, existing u8 academy players do not need to register for tryouts. The fall u9 teams will be determined by our Foundation Phase Director, Rick Breheny, based on play throughout the course of the Fall & Spring u8 season.
No, existing mini-Maroons players do not need to register for tryouts. The fall u8 academy program determines teams based on play throughout the program.