Maroons Travel Academy Team Formation Process
Team Formation Process for Fall 2023 & Spring 2024 Season
As we prepare for the upcoming Fall 2023/Spring 2024 season, we will be implementing a new team formation process that includes a mandatory identification (ID) session. This 90-minute training session will provide our coaches with additional data to aid in the selection process for next year’s rosters. Both new and existing players must register via CommunityPass to be considered for a team next season.
- New players, who may live inside or outside of Ridgewood, will be required to pay a $30 ID session fee (no ost for existing MSC players)
- All ID sessions will be conducted by our Director of Coaching, Matt Myers, Phase Directors, Ben Manning & Rick Breheny, and MSC professional coaches
- Training sessions on Monday, April 24th, and Friday, April 28th, will be canceled and rescheduled as coaches will be involved in running the ID sessions. Any conflicting team training will also be rescheduled
- After the ID session, new players and select existing players will be invited to team training sessions to provide coaches with additional information
- Team rosters will be formed and communicated by Thursday, June 1
- If you are unable to attend the ID session, please contact Matt Myers (firstname.lastname@example.org) for an evaluation.
ID session schedule and location details (updated 4/23/23):
- Girls & boys born 2016: Saturday, April 29 (time and location TBD and communicated to registered players)
- Girls & boys born 2015: Monday, April 24, 4-5:30pm @ SuperDome (inside)
- Girls & boys born 2014: Friday, April 28, 4-5:30pm @ SuperDome (outdoor)
- Girls & boys born 2013: Monday, April 24, 5:30-7pm @ SuperDome (inside)
- Girls & boys born 2012: Friday, May 5, 4-5:30-7 @ SuperDome (outdoor)
- Girls & boys born 2011: Monday, April 24, 7-8:30pm @ SuperDome (inside)
- Girls & boys born 2010: Tuesday, April 25, 7:30-9pm @ Maple
- Girls & boys born 2009 (rising 8th graders not high school): Tuesday, April 25, 7:30-9pm @ Maple
All registration can be done via CommunityPass. Note, if you live outside of Ridgewood, choose any school in the signup process.
We look forward to seeing everyone at the ID sessions.
Please visit our program overview page for a full list of programs by age and season.
Please contact our Director of Coaching, Matt Myers (email@example.com) directly. Matt will arrange for an evaluation and provide more details.
Please contact our Director of Coaching, Matt Myers (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can help you make the most informed decision.
No, existing u8 academy players do not need to register for tryouts. The fall u9 teams will be determined by our Foundation Phase Director, Rick Breheny, based on play throughout the course of the Fall & Spring u8 season.
No, existing mini-Maroons players do not need to register for tryouts. The fall u8 academy program determines teams based on play throughout the program.