Maroons Soccer Club Overview
The Maroons Soccer Club, based in Ridgewood, NJ, is a competitive youth travel soccer program. We are a non-profit organization committed to developing soccer players in northern New Jersey, including Ridgewood, Glen Rock, Waldwick, Ho-Ho-Kus, Paramus, Fair Lawn, Hawthorne and other communities in Bergen & Passaic County, NJ.
We focus on a Player Development Pathway that allows players to advance toward their maximum potential.
- The Club was founded in 1990 to meet the increasing demands of players wishing to succeed at a higher and more competitive soccer level.
- Today, the Maroons Soccer Club has development programs for children 4 years old through 18 years old; pre-kindergarten through senior year in high school and represents one of the largest and most successful soccer club programs in New Jersey. The Club currently has 30 soccer teams and more than 500 players from under 4 to under 19 age groups.
- We are a talent specific travel soccer club where players must tryout and be accepted into the program each year. The Maroons Soccer Club welcomes and supports talented out-of-town players to join our top teams.
- The Maroons Soccer Club players benefit from high-level professional instruction, competitive league & tournament play, US Club & State Cup tournaments for top teams, and a broad variety of supplemental programs to satisfy the most passionate soccer player.
- The Maroons Soccer Club players enjoy an inspiring learning experience that allows each player to advance toward their maximum potential while developing a life-long passion for soccer.
Mission & Core Values
MSC Mission Statement
Deliver an inspiring soccer learning experience that creates a culture of commitment, teamwork, and good citizenship while developing intelligent, skilled, and confident soccer players who play the beautiful game, beautifully.
To achieve the Maroons Soccer Club mission we will:
- Foster a fun, safe, and challenging learning environment that helps players reach their full potential
- Focus on a progressive learning model that nurtures the confidence, creativity, and intelligence of each individual player
- Play an active role in the leadership, development, and personal growth of our players and staff through community service, partnerships, and programs
- Instill an enduring love for soccer that lasts a lifetime
MSC Core Values
Passion – Our love for the game unites us and inspires us to work hard and exceed expectations
Commitment – We expect our players, parents, and staff to honor team obligations, be open to learning, and give nothing but their best in practices, games, and community programs
Teamwork – We support our teammates, family, and friends with selflessness and solidarity knowing that together we achieve more
Sportsmanship – We respect teammates, opponents, coaches, referees, and fans. We abide by the rules and conduct ourselves in a fair, honest, and respectful way
Citizenship – We connect our community through soccer and celebrate the development of well-rounded players who demonstrate confidence, humility, resilience, and compassion
Maroons Soccer Club operates a Player Development Pathway that is guided by the following Club Philosophies:
- We realize that Soccer IS a GAME and we will work to ensure a fun and enjoyable learning environment.
- We believe in Creating the Player and the long-term development of each individual.
- We will teach our players a Style of Play that is exciting to play and watch.
- Our Style of Teaching delivers an inspiring learning experience to nurture the best development of our players technical, tactical, physical, and psychological.
- We use a progressive teaching model (Player Development Pathway) where each phase builds the foundation for continuous advancement.
- We will cultivate a deeper experience with the broader world of soccer.
- We will create a soccer culture envied by rival clubs by sharing our passion for soccer in the local community.
- We support multiple sport athletes; recognizing the benefits young players receive from playing multiple sports outweigh any potential benefits of specializing in soccer.
- We are teaching skills and abilities that will also develop our players as young adults.
Board of Directors
- Clay Fisher, President
- George Browne, Programs & Player Development Committee
- Lauren Cuneo, Programs & Player Development Committee
- Jane Zhuang, Registrar
- Skip Cox, Fields & Scheduling Committee
- Lance Caffrey, Fields & Scheduling Committee
- Joel Torielli, Fields & Scheduling Committee
- Mark Bruno, Board Member & Advisor
- Rob Dowling, Board Member & Advisor
- Ed Seavers, Board Member & Advisor, Former Club President
- Paul Boogart, Board Member & Advisor, Former Club President
- Carolyn Muccio, Administrator
- Colette Tretola, Treasurer
- Matt Myers, Director of Coaching
- Rick Breheny, Foundation Phase Director
- Ben Manning, Performance Phase Director