We hope you all have had an enjoyable soccer-filled summer and are as excited as we are to kick off the Fall season. The Club has experienced tremendous interest this Fall and we’ve added teams, programs, and events to deliver on our mission and elevate the soccer experience in Ridgewood. Our Fall pre-season will kick off next week for select teams and official team practices will begin the week of 8/30.
Please review the information below to ensure your family and players are fully prepared for the upcoming season and be sure to follow @Maroons.Soccer on Instagram for the latest club announcements.
// Getting ready for the season ahead
- Headshots (All Travel Academy Players): If you haven’t done so already, all travel academy players must send a headshot photo to email@example.com in order to get registered and ‘carded’ for the upcoming season. Please see Carolyn’s email from 8/7 with additional details.
- Player Registration Info (New Travel Academy Players): New travel academy players must email a copy of your birth certificate, medical release form and headshots to MSC registrar, Jane Zhuang at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see Carolyn’s email from 8/7 with additional details.
- TeamSnap (All Travel Academy Players): All registered MSC travel academy players have been assigned to their Fall team’s TeamSnap account where all team scheduling and communication takes place. If you haven’t setup TeamSnap yet, please check the primary email address used to register in CommunityPass. If you don’t see an assignment to a team, please email Carolyn email@example.com. Note, mini-Messi, mini-Maroons, and players registered for skill development clinics will receive a separate TeamSnap invite for their program.
- Uniforms: We have an exciting new multi-year partnership with Adidas and SoccerPost and all players are required to order new uniforms for this season. These kits will be used for the next two years (uniforms are always on a two year cycle) and all travel academy players will now be required to wear their training uniform (once they receive it) for all training sessions. If you haven’t ordered your uniform or received the ordering link, please email Carolyn firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Training: Travel academy teams will start pre-season training next week and the official practice schedule begins the week of 8/30. We will be introducing more competitions and prizes to encourage training-at-home with Techne. We encourage all players to get touches on the ball with Techne this month and send us your juggling results. If you need help access the Techne app, please email Carolyn email@example.com. Our mini-Messi, mini-Maroons, and players skill development clinics will begin 9/13 and registration information will be communicated this week.
// Key dates
- 8/16: Pre-season officially begins (check TeamSnap for your specific schedule)
- 8/30: Team practices officially begin (check TeamSnap for your specific schedule)
- 9/10: MSC spirit day (wear your uni to school!)
- 9/11 & 9/12: Opening weekend
- 9/25: Super Soccer Saturday!
- 10/30: Red Bulls Night! (GothamFC Night is planned for the Spring)
Camps and clinics will be offered throughout the Fall. Details will be shared on Instagram and our website with registration opening next week. Key dates for camps and clinics are as follows:
- 9/7: Holiday camp (Rosh Hashanah)
- 9/13: Start of ball mastery and skill development clinics for the fall season
- 9/16: Holiday camp (Yom Kippur)
- 10/11: Holiday camp (Columbus Day)
- 11/4-11/6: Teacher’s convention camp
- MSC Red Bulls Night – Saturday, 10/30: Mark your calendar and get your discounted tickets here for our first MSC Red Bulls Night. We’ve partnered with the Red Bulls and Gotham FC to host a MSC night in the Fall and Spring respectively.
- Donation of Unis: Please consider donating your retired MSC uniforms to the SEND organization. Donations can be dropped off at 118 Lincoln Ave year-round or at drop-boxes around town. Please visit our website or look for Carolyn’s email from 10/10.
- Fan Gear: SoccerPost at 818 Franklin Ave in Franklin Lakes is our official outfitter and has MSC fan gear available on their website and select gear in store.
- COVID & Safety: We will continue to follow the guidance and rules of the Ridgewood School System and keep you informed of any required safety protocols for the upcoming season.
- Call for Volunteers: If you would like to help us elevate soccer in Ridgewood and provide an exceptional soccer experience for our kids, we’re always looking for more help. We are a 501c3 organization and are led by volunteers. If you would like to help, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any additional questions leading up to the season please reach out to your coach, team manager, Carolyn our Club Administrator (email@example.com), or Matt Myers, our Director of Coaching (firstname.lastname@example.org).
– Clay Fisher, Club President & The MSC Board