2021/2022 Player Evaluation & Team Formation Process
NEW TEAM FORMATION PROCESS FOR 2021 / 2022
MSC will be introducing a new player evaluation and team formation process for the 2021 / 2022 season to provide (1) our players with a greater opportunity to showcase their abilities in a more natural lower-pressure setting and (2) our coaches with more relevant data to make an informed decision.
IMPORTANT: The process will take place over the course of 30 days (May 15-June 15) and all new and existing players (u8 programs and older) will need to register via CommunityPass by April 30 to be considered for our Fall 2021 teams.
MSC will no longer conduct a two-day age group tryout at the Superdome. Players will be evaluated within their current training environment and invited to additional training sessions that will mix players of multiple teams within an age group.
- Registration Deadline: April 30 (via Community Pass)
- Player Evaluation Sessions: May 15-June 15
- Player Roster Notifications: June 22 (last day of school) – email will be sent notifying acceptance and team placement.
- New Season Registration: July 1st – July 10th
If a new player misses the above timeline they should contact our Director of Coaching, Matt Myers, for consideration. Consideration can be made but is dependent on the number of teams/players in the current age-group.
Current MSC players:
- All Players must register via Community Pass by April 30 with the program: ‘MSC FALL 2021 – SPRING 2022 TRYOUTS Current Players‘.
- There’s no fee for current MSC players.
- Roster positions are NOT guaranteed and based on our professional coaches assessment of ability based on the Maroons Soccer Club development philosophy.
- Age groups that currently have more than 1 Professional Coach – Professional Coaches have been discussing players and will continue to throughout the season. At the recommendation of the Professional Coach, players will be asked to join different training sessions for continued evaluation to determine the development path and team for the upcoming season.
- MSC will continue to communicate rosters at the end of June (last day of school), followed by a formal registration, and membership fees process for the upcoming season.
- Interested players can register at CommunityPass under Maroons Soccer Club with the program: ‘MSC FALL 2021 – SPRING 2022 TRYOUTS New Players‘.
- There’s a $30 fee for Non-MSC Players
- Players will be invited to attend an evaluation session led by age group Professional Coach via email.
- Players will be invited to formal practices during May and June for upcoming season roster consideration.
- Roster positions are NOT guaranteed and based on; technical ability, tactics, conditioning, commitment and attitude as evaluated by the Professional Coach during practice sessions.
- MSC will continue to post rosters at the end of June, followed by a formal registration and membership fees process for the upcoming season.
Please direct all questions to: